What to Expect at Your First Visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination of your dental and medical history by Dr. Jovan. She will also perform a comprehensive oral evaluation of your teeth, gums, bone, and jaws. This important 60-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- How complex are you dental and orthodontic issues?
- Are your issues only tooth related or are they skeletal (growth) related also?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What additional information will be necessary to diagnose and correct the problems that may be present?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis and diagnosis of the patient individual conditions and concerns. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss the patient’s diagnosis, treatment options, time frames, and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- A completed Health History form
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis and recommendations, any alternative treatments, and any symptoms present that may require further treatment. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal – helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile!